Friday, 28 February 2020 - Sunday, 1 March 2020
We're going to Cromwell for SWOTS 2020.
Registration is now requested for the 2020 Southern Weekend of the Summer (SWOTS). Early registration helps us with our planning and admin. Roger Carter has reserved 20 rooms at Pisa Moorings, Cromwell. Many members have reserved their accommodation with Pisa Moorings. If you haven't done so, please do urgently ph 03 445.3417. Mention Porsche Club.
Here is what we are planning:
Friday 28 February:
- Christchurch members leave Rolleston, midday bound for Cromwell
- Timaru, Dunedin, Central Otago and Invercargill members leave a little later and travel via the most Porsche-friendly route to Cromwell.
- Accommodation at Pisa Moorings, Cromwell. Book and pay now directly with hotel. Options:
- 16 x Double studios (bed configuration is 1 x king bed) $195 per night
- 4 x one bedroom villa (bed configuration 1 x king bed) $250 per night
- 4 x family villas (bed configuration 3 x king beds) $399 per night. These villas are not reserved but you could book one if you chose.
- Pre dinner drinks (own cost).
- Casual dinner at Pisa Moorings a la carte (own cost).
Saturday 29 February (Leap Day):
- Breakfast own cost - Pisa Moorings or check out Cromwell cafes or the cafe at Highlands
- 9.15 am: Highlands Circuit: Deadline for driver briefing
- Track laps - special for car clubs. Take your car onto the Highlands 4.1 km circuit for two controlled laps behind a pace car. Normally this is reserved for private members. The price is $60 per driver including Museum entry for one person (Museum entry normally $25pp). Multiple drivers per car can be accommodated. Additional Museum entry $12.50 pp.
- Time for coffee at Highlands Cafe and to visit the museum
- 11 am: Depart Highlands and drive through Kawarau Gorge then over the Crown Range (Porsche-friendly roads) to Cardrona Hotel for lunch.
- Afternoon: Your choice of Wanaka museums: National Transport and Toy Museum or Warbirds and Wheels Museum and/or a visit to WRC ace Haydon Paddon's workshop at Highlands.
- Return to Pisa Moorings in your own time. There are plenty of Porsche-friendly roads in the area.
- Evening: flash dinner and party at Pisa Moorings. Bring your dancing shoes.
Sunday 1 March:
- Breakfast at Pisa Moorings or suitable alternative (own cost).
- Group photo
- Hit the road for home. Christchurch members could meet for lunch at Fairlie or Geraldine.
What to do now:
Book your room directly with Pisa Moorings ph 03 445 3417 (mention Porsche Club).
Register and pay. Registration cost of $200 per person is to cover Saturday lunch and dinner and room hire for the dinner. Other charges are on your own account.
Any queries; please email